The eggs was fried separately and then served with fried chow mein noodles, you can cook in another way if desired and use whatever vegetable you have hand.
More chow mein recipes:
- Chow Mein Stir Fry
- Vegetarian chow mein
- 1/2 lb. chow mein (soft egg noodles)
- 5oz. mung bean sprouts
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 oz. carrot
- 2 big eggs
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp granulate sugar
- 1/5 tsp five-spice powder for taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Peanut/canola oil for cooking
- The soft egg noodles we will need to make this egg chow mein recipe.
- Measure out the vegetables, peel carrot.
- Slice diagonally onion and carrot into wedges, rinse bean spouts and drained.
- Heat wok to medium at medium heat, add 1 tsp peanut oil, crack eggs stir fry until brow.
- Remove and set aside before use.
- Boil chow mein noodles in a saucepan with boiling water for 1-2 minute at high heat until tender.
- Remove and soak in cold water for a while until cool enough, drained thoroughly.
- Heat wok to high at medium high heat; add 1-2 tbsp cooking, stir in carrot and onion briefly until aromatic.
- Combine together bean sprouts, stir fry until vegetables are done, and mix in soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar, well tossed until coated.
- Add chow mein noodles, whisk around with chopstick at medium heat until well coated with sauce and heated through, stir in salt and spice powder. Make this recipe for 2 serves.