Easy Steamed Egg Rolls, a very popular recipe in a number of American Chinese restaurants.
The cost is different according to the various filling, I suggest you try the Healthy Egg Rolls recipe for an easy start, or check How to Make Chinese Steamed Egg.
- 3 big eggs
- 5 oz. ground pork
- 5 oz. carrot
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Dash of ground pepper
- 1/5 tsp sesame oil
- Salt as needed
- Peanut/canola oil for frying
- Mix pork with marinade ingredients, stir well and set for 15 minutes for steamed egg rolls recipe.
- Combine together the minced carrot, stir along one direction until completely mixed with meat.
- Crack eggs in a medium mixing bowl; add dash of salt and sesame oil, then beat completely.
- Heat a wok or sauté pan to hot at medium-low heat with oil. Pour egg mixture, and pan-fry through.
- Remove and lay it flat until cool enough. Add pork mixture on the top and spread evenly.
- Roll the egg up tightly, and wrap with plastic wrap. Use tooth stick to poke several holes on the surface.
- In a steamer, add enough water and bring into a boil. Steam egg rolls for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap and set outside until cool enough, slice it into 1/2 inch thick rings.
- This easy steamed egg rolls recipe is great to serve as appetizer at dinner time. Enjoy!