Easy Mongolian beef stir fry recipe, a fast Chinese main dish to serve with steamed brown rice. It made with marinated flank steak, flavored with ginger, garlic in Chinese soy sauce mixture, juicy and strong taste.
You can also use other kind of meats instead; check How to Make Mongolian Chicken Recipe for a simple example.
- 12oz. flank steak
- 2-3 oz. red & green chili peppers
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp sugar
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch, dissolve with
- 2 tsp water
- 3 oz. scallion, optional
- 1 tbsp green onion, garnishing
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, roasted
- Rinse flank steak, pat dry and cut across the grain into 1/4 inch thicken bite size slices. Mix with marinade ingredients and set for 20-30 minutes.
- When the meat is marinating, mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl, stir well. Mix cornstarch with water. Cut chili peppers into slices, chop garlic and ginger.
- Add 2 tbsp oil into preheated wok at medium-low heat. Add beef slices, let sear (brown) for a minute, then stir-fry until nearly cooked, push up to the side of wok.
- Stir in garlic, ginger and chili peppers briefly until aromatic (add scallion if desired) then whisk around with beef slices completely.
- Give a quick re-stir to sauce mixture, pour into the wok, turn heat to medium and simmer for 3-5 minutes until meat is well coated with sauce.
- Turn heat to low, thicken the easy Mongolian beef stir fry recipe sauce with cornstarch and water mixture, garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.