Easy Homemade Lo Mein is one of the easiest noodles recipe and it is well-known for many families in China, it calls for easy ingredients and little time. If you are trying out a mein recipe, try best subgum lo mein for a good start.
- 7 oz. lo mein (soft noodles)
- 8 oz. tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat tomatoes in hot water for 30 seconds, peel and sliced into pieces for egg lo mein recipe. Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk around with dash of salt.
- In a big saucepan with boiling water, add lo noodles, cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Remove and soak in cold water for a while until cool enough, remove drained and whisk around with sesame oil.
- Scramble egg in a wok with 1 tsp peanut oil at medium-low heat, separated and remove from wok.
- Reheat wok to medium-high with 2 tsp peanut oil, stir in tomatoes, stirring constantly until soft and juicy.
- Add egg back to wok, well tossed with tomatoes, mix in sauces, stirring until completely blended.
- Serve egg lo mien recipe hot with tomato mixture, toss around before enjoy.