Yogurt and lemon juice give a cheese flavor to cake, with no topping and glaze, quick bread for breakfast or the potluck.
- 1 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup yogurt
- 6 big eggs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Drops lemon juice
- Melt cream cheese in a big bowl, whisk together egg yolks, one at a time, beat until creamy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F., grease 8-inch pattern with butter.
- Stir in yogurt in a steady stream; add melted butter, one third at a time.
- Combine sifted flour and cornstarch, cream until well combined.
- Beat sugar, lemon juice with egg white with a food processor at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour mixture, one third at a time until completely incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan, bake for 35-40 minutes or until cake testes done with toothpick, cool to room temperature on wire rack before cut for serving.