This is a vegetarian stir fry Chinese recipe, the sweet flavor of snow peas, combined with crunch chestnut and healthy wood ears, all tossed with soy sauce and sugar mixture, delicious for springs days!
- 3 1/2 oz. frozen/fresh snow peas
- 7oz. chestnuts
- 1 1/2 oz. back wood ear
- 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp green onions, chopped
- 1/3 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch, mix in 2 tsp water
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 5 drops sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- The main ingredients we will need to make this vegetarian stir fry recipe.
- Soften the dried wood ears by soaking in hot water for 20 minutes. Peel chestnuts, blanch in boiling water for 1 minute, sliced into pieces. Rinse snow peas and trim ends.
- Blanch snow peas in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove, drained thoroughly.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat cooking oil to high, add green onions, and ginger, stir fry briefly until aromatic.
- Add sliced chestnut, stir around for 10 seconds.
- Combine together black wood ears, whisk until well combined.
- Mix in sugar; cook till sugar is completely dissolved.
- Splash the food with soy sauce while stirring.
- Add snow peas and red pepper back to wok, stir constantly.
- Stir in salt, make a taste test, and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Make a well in the middle of vegetables, give a quick re-stir to cornstarch mixture, add to the middle and cook to thicken.
- Garnish with sesame oil just 5 seconds before serving. Enjoy hot with noodles.