Chinese white radish is also known as mooli, it is originated in continental Asia and has a little spicy flavor in raw, yet sweet after cooked in recipes. This soup is one of the simple and light authentic Chinese foods.
- 10 1/2 oz. Chinese white radish
- 7oz. pork bones
- 1 tsp slat
- 3 cup vegetarian stock or water
- Fresh ground pepper, pinch
- Rinse pork bones under running water, chop into chunks and then boiled in hot water for several minutes until blood clean. Remove, clean again.
- Chinese white radish we will need, rinse and peel it.
- Cut it diagonally into strips or wedges if desired.
- In a big sauce pan, add stock and bring it into a boil, add bones and heat it back over high heat, turn heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 1/2 hour, combine together white radish.
- Cook soup for 30 more minutes until vegetable is softened.
- Mix in salt and sprinkle pepper powder over the top, whisk around.
- Turn off heat, transfer and serve hot. Serving suggestion: this recipe would make a wonder side dish with stir fry vegetables.
The exact cooking time should adjust according to specific situation.