Tong Sui is a Chinese style specifically dessert, it is a term for any sweet soup or custard and it is a wide variety.
In the beginning days of spring, the weather always makes the throat feel discomfort, even the medicine is not working, so I cooked this Chinese tong sui, prepared with white fungus, lily bulbs, boiled with pears that can clearing away the lung-heat.
- 10 1/2oz. white fungus
- 7oz. lily bulbs
- 2 pears
- 2 slices dried orange peel
- 8-12 rocks sugar
- Soak the pear with salty water for 15-20 minutes, then rinse under running water and sliced.
- Soak the white fungus and orange peel with clean water until soft and then split the fungus.
- In a pot, combine all them together, except the sugar and lily bulbs.
- Add 2 cups water as well.
- Then cover and heat it over high heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the rock sugar now, and continue cook until the sugar was completely melted.
- Then turn the heat to low and cook for 20 more minutes.
- Add the lily bulbs, and turn the heat to high.
- Cook for 10-15 seconds is enough, then remove and serve hot or refrigerated if desired.