This Chinese tomato beef noodle soup is a homemade main dish. All ingredients were boiled in broth flavored with ginger and white pepper, the parboiled rice noodles was added at the end.
If looking for side Chinese dish with steamed rice. This flavorful Chinese Beef Tomato and Potato Soup recipe was recommended you to try.
- 5 oz. beef sirloin
- 1 big tomato
- 3 oz. rice noodle
- 2 oz. broad bean
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 stalk green onion
- 2 tsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 4 cups water/bouillon
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as needed
- Dash ground white pepper
- Cut beef across grain into thin pieces. In a preheat wok, add oil, stir in ginger and green onion.
- Add together the sliced meat pieces. Stir fry until color changed. Splash it with Chinese rice wine.
- Pour water, heat to a boil and simmer for 1 hour at low heat or until meat is cooked through.
- Combine together the peeled broad beans cover the lid and continue cook for 5-8 minute or until cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, heat it back. Stir in salt and white pepper. Meanwhile parboiled rice noodles in another pot until tender.
- Remove noodles with strainer and drain; pour Chinese tomato beef soup poured on the top, serve immediately.
Boil beef in hot water until blood clean in advance of soaked in cold water for 30 minutes before use.