Chinese tomato beef brisket noodles recipe was made to serve with spaghetti, savory and flavorful. If like a soup with, try this Chinese Tomato Beef Noodle Soup recipe.
- 3/4 lb. beef sirloin
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 7 oz. lo mein noodles
- 4-5 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce, optional
- 5 slices ginger
- 6-8 cups water
- 5 oz. broccoli florets
- Cut beef sirloin into bite size cubes. Blanch in a pot with boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove, rinse and drain.
- In a soup pot, heat water into a boil. Add ginger, sliced tomatoes and meat pieces. Simmer for 2 minutes at low heat.
- Stir in ketchup, salt, soy sauce and sugar after 2 hours. And the soup becomes thick and the beef mixture is mushy.
- Cover the lid and continue simmer for 20 minutes at high heat or until the sauce is sticky.
- Add rinsed broccoli into the pot, cover ant cook for 1-2 minutes until tender at high heat.
- In another pot, parboil lo mein noodles until soft, and then serve hot with meat mixture.