This Chinese tofu tomato mushroom soup is a comfort and warm Chinese food for the one who likes tomato. Because of the various ingredients, make the recipe flavorful and have a strong taste. Try to add some meat or seafood, or click Chinese Pork Tofu Mushroom Soup recipe link for an example.
- 7 oz. silken tofu
- 2 oz. tomatoes
- 1 1/2 oz. oyster mushrooms
- 1 tbsp green onions
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 4 cup water/vegetarian stock
- Dash salt for taste
- 2 tsp cornstarch, dissolve with
- 2 tsp water
- 5 drops sesame oil
- Measure out the main ingredients we will need for this homemade Chinese tofu soup recipe.
- Slice bean curd into thin cubes, split mushroom. Soak the in salty water for 10 minutes.
- In a soup crock-pot, add 1 tsp oil heat to hot. Stir in green onion and sliced tomatoes briefly.
- Pour the water/vegetarian stock, boil for 5 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine the tofu slices and heat it back. Stir in salt and thicken sauce with cornstarch mixture.
- Garnish this Chinese tofu tomato mushroom soup with sesame oil. Make a taste test before serving.
- Soak tofu in salty water to remove the subtle flavor.
- Soak oyster mushroom in salty water to remove tiny sand.