Stir fry szechuan spicy shrimp with Chinese seasonings and peppercorns, enhanced the flavor of this seafood, the shrimp was marinated, makes it much more flavorful and delicious. Enjoy as an appetizer with Chinese stir fry green beans.
- 1/2 lb. river shrimp
- 3 slices ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 aniseed
- 1 medium Chinese cinnamon
- 5-8 Szechuan peppercorns
- 2 red dried chilies
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/5 tsp salt, optional
- Dash ground black pepper powder
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tbsp carrot
- 1 tbsp peanut/vegetable oil
- Soak river shrimp with salty water before use. Rinse well for Chinese Szechuan stir fry recipe.
- Remove sees of pepper, clean with carrot. Cut diagonally into very thin pieces. Set aside.
- Add oil into preheated wok at medium heat. Stir in spices ingredients, cook until fragrant. Add shrimp.
- Stir fry constantly until color turn pink. Combine the vegetables and whisk around for 30 seconds.
- Mix in all sauce ingredients. Continue cook until sauce is almost dry and seafood is cooked through.
- Turn off heat. Make a taste test for Szechuan spicy shrimp stir fry recipe before serving.
This easy Chinese recipe often was served as appetizer before meal.