Chinese Steamed duck, a easy and fast main dish for Chinese New Year, in this recipe one of the main key ingredients is the preserved tofu, which giving the attractive color and unique taste.
- 1 lb. Duck meat
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2/5 tsp salt
- 2 aniseeds
- 2/5 tsp pepper corns
- 1 piece of preserved tofu
- Pepper powder for taste
- 1 green onion,(white)
- 5-8 slices ginger
- a pieces of cinnamon
- Rinse the meat under running water, and then add the green onions and ginger slices in a big container.
- Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, salt and pepper powder together.
- Now have your cloves and grab the meat mixture until well mixed.
- Add the seasoning, cinnamon, aniseeds and peppercorns, and then do the massage for the duck.
- At last, add the preserved tofu, and well mixed all together.
- Set aside and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- After the time is up, in a steamer with boiling water, add the meat, and then cover the lid and continue steam for 35-55 minutes over high heat. Enjoy hot with white rice.