Chinese steamed chicken with mushroom recipe is made with marinated chicken dices and dried shiitake mushrooms, juicy and earthy flavor. For a strong and extra taste recipe, try Chinese Mushroom Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry recipe.
- 5-6 oz. chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 oz. Chinese dried mushrooms
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, smashed
- Black pepper powder, to taste
- Soften mushroom with warm water for 20 minutes for this Chinese steamed chicken recipe.
- Cut chicken into bite-size cubes, mix with marinade ingredients and set for 30-60 minutes.
- After softening mushroom, squeeze out excess water, remove stems and cut into thin pieces.
- Set the mushrooms on the top of chicken in a plate. Set the plate in a steamer with boiling water.
- Cover the lid and steam for 15-20 minutes until aromatic. After steaming, let it set for 2 minutes.
- Remove steamed chicken with mushroom recipe, serve hot with steamed rice.