Chinese Spicy Pineapple Chicken recipe is a new way of cooking; it combines the meat, veggies with fruits to create a strong taste. Check Chinese Chili Mango Chicken Stir Fry recipe link to learn more.
- 7 oz. chicken thighs, skin on
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 slices ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch, mix in
- 1 tbsp water
- Vegetable/peanut oil for frying
- 1 red pepper
- 1 pepper
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice/water
- 2 tbsp vinegar (white or rice vinegar)
- 1 tbsp rock sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Slice peppers diagonally into rings, remove pineapple and reserve the liquid, pat garlic and cut ginger into strips.
- Remove chicken bones and cut into bite-size pieces, marinate with marinade ingredients for 20 minutes.
- Coat meat with flour and deep fired in a wok with enough water until light brown, the heat is 360 – 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon oil from the wok, stir in garlic and ginger for a few seconds until aromatic.
- Combine peppers, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken back to wok, toss around and mix in sweet and sour sauce ingredients, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine together pineapple chunks, season food with salt and thicken the sauce with cornstarch mixture if desired.
- Remove Chinese pineapple chicken recipe and serve hot with white rice.