Chinese Spicy Chicken Wings Stir Fry recipe is a delicious take-out food for a really Chinese food fan. If don’t have a strong taste for spicy food, try to use sweet onion, or carrot instead of chilies.
The sweet bell peppers are good substitute ingredients as well; Check the recipe Spicy Szechuan Chicken Stir Fry to learn more.
- 1 pound chicken meat
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 5 slices ginger
- 5 leaves basil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut oil stir-frying
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Rinse chicken meat and pat it dry, use chicken thighs or breast for this oyster sauce recipe if desired.
- Cut the meat across the grain into bite-size pieces, whisk with marinade ingredients and marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan with enough water, add ginger, 2 tbsp rice wine and bring it into a boil at high heat.
- Add chicken, heat it back and boil at medium heat for 20 more minutes.
- Remove it with slotted spoon and drain thoroughly, set aside.
- Slice pepper diagonally into small pieces, pat garlic and rinse basil.
- Heat a wok to medium-high heat with cooking oil, stir in garlic and peppers briefly until aromatic.
- Add chicken meat back to wok, stirring constantly for 1 minute until well coated oil.
- Turn heat to medium, add sauces mixture, whisk around.
- Add basil while the sauce is nearly thickened, and all food was coated with sauces and heated through.
- Make a taste test, adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Remove the oyster sauce chicken, serve hot with cooked rice and boiled vegetables.
Add some firm vegetables (onion, bamboo shoot) in this recipe if desired.