Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken and Mushroom Stir Fry. This recipe calls for the ingredients are easily obtainable. It is a warming dish for night meals and the thick gravy is delicious over cooked rice or noodles.
- 2 big chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 oz. dried Chinese mushrooms
- 1 tbsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 400ml chicken broth
- 11/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Ground garlic and ginger for taste
- Canola or peanut oil for frying
- Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft, rinse and squeeze out the excess water, cut off the caps and slice into small pieces.
- Remove the skin and bones of chicken, cut them into about 1 inch long pieces, and mix with rice wine and salt for 20 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, heat enough water in a medium pot until hot, add chicken and blanched until color changed, removed.
- Heat a wok to heavy-skillet to medium at medium-low heat with 1 tbsp oil, add sugar and stir constantly until dissolved and brown.
- Add together the meat pieces and mushrooms, well mix and add chicken broth, simmer until chicken cooked through at medium heat.
- Mix in soy sauce and the remaining sauce ingredients, cook until fully blended, add green onions for garnishing, remove and serve hot.