Chinese shrimp in tomato sauce recipe is a fast and flavorful Chinese food. It prepared with fresh prawns, garlic and ketchup sauce, a delicious main dish with ramen noodles. You can also make it to an appetizer; learn how from Chinese Boiled Shrimp with Soy Sauce recipe.
- 10 oz. medium shrimp
- 1 tsp dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp ketchup/tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt, for taste
- 1 tsp sugar, optional
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Peel shrimp and deveined, mix with dry sherry and cornstarch for 15 minutes. Mince garlic and measure out tomato sauce.
- Preheat a wok to medium at medium-high heat, add oil, when oil is hot, and add garlic. Stir fry briefly until aromatic.
- Combine together the shrimps into wok, turn heat to medium and whisk around constantly until color changed.
- It takes about 3-4 minutes for the seafood to be cooked through.
- Stir in tomato sauce and salt. Stir until everything is blended.
- Make a taste test for Chinese shrimp recipe before serving. Enjoy hot.
If prefer a sweet taste recipe, add some sugar with salt at the end.