This easy Chinese shrimp and okra stir fry recipe is made with the dried shrimp, white fungus, all tossed in the wok with soy sauce gravy. Feel free to use meat instead of seafood, check Chinese Pork and Okra Stir Fry recipe for and example.
- 3-5 okra pods
- 5 oz. salted big shrimp, soften
- 2 oz. white fungus, softened
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/3 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolve with
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for stir frying
- Salt for taste
- Measure out the main ingredients we will need to make shrimp and okra stir fry recipe. Soak fungus in water until soft, split into tiny parts.
- Cut off ends of okra, slice diagonally into 1/4 inch thick pieces and blanch in boiling water for 1 minute until dark green, remove and drain.
- Heat a fry to medium at medium-high heat with cooking oil, stir in garlic and ginger, and stir fry briefly until aromatic. Combine okra pieces.
- Stir vegetable around and combine together the soften shrimp pieces, whisk fast to mix all ingredients. Stir in white fungus, stir briefly.
- Mix in soy sauce, sesame oil and chicken broth, and bring the sauce into a boil, simmer for 10 seconds. Give a quick re-stir to cornstarch mixture.
- Thicken shrimp and okra stir fry recipe with cornstarch and water mixture, stir like crazy to mix all, season with salt, remove and serve hot!
I use dries shrimp, if you don’t have, use stir fried fresh big shrimp.