Chinese Roasted Curry Chicken appears on many food menus in American Chinese restaurants, they are so delicious and simple to prepare, the sweetness of the brown sugar matches very well with bourbon whiskey.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thigh meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 5 slices ginger
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp good bourbon whiskey
- 2 tbsp red rice vinegar
- 1 oz. scallion, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Run chicken thighs clean under running water, and pat them dry thoroughly for this Asian style bourbon chicken recipe.
- Whisk chicken meat with marinade ingredients, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turn them occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees (177C degrees), place aluminum foil with olive oil greased on wire rack.
- Remove chicken thighs and set smoothly on foil, brush marinade sauce overall on the top.
- Bake the chicken for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting occasionally, until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove this crispy bourbon chicken recipe and serve hot with white rice and vegetables.