This is a Chinese roast duck recipe with sweet and sour taste; it is a homemade version of Cantonese Roast Duck.
- 1 lb. duck breast, boneless
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 4 tsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, squeeze out juice
Ingredients as needed:
- Five spice powder
- Clean duck under running water, wipe it dry with paper towel, and beat lightly until the meat is loosening.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine together marinade and as needed ingredients, well mixed.
- Marinate meat in the sauce completely, brush it overall to give it several coatings.
- Place in a plastic bag or sealed container, and refrigerated for 12 hours or over-night.
- Preheat oven to 390 F degrees, place duck in a baking sheet with tinfoil covered. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the meat is roasting, slice orange into thin pieces.
- Remove duck, brush honey overall it, sliced and add the orange, continue roast for 5 more minutes.
- Remove roast duck, sliced into pieces and serve with boiled vegetables and noodles.