Chinese Potato Curry Chicken is a wonderful recipe for dinner, with chicken meat, potatoes onion, and carrots all cooked together in one dish. Feel free to use beef or pork for a substitute and to replace curry powder to curry paste. For a light flavor recipe, see How to Make Cashew Chicken.
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- 7 oz. potato
- 1 red onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 green pepper
- 3 tbsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, mix in
- 2 tbsp water
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Measure out the main ingredients for this Chinese curry chicken recipe.
- Remove bone and skin of chicken meat, sliced into bite-size pieces, marinate with salt and 2 tbsp Chinese cooing wine for 20 minutes.
- Peel carrot, onion and potato, and cut diagonally into small pieces to match meat with green pepper.
- Heat a wok to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp cooking oil, stir in chicken until color changed. Splash the chicken meat with remaining rice wine.
- Add sauce ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer at low heat for 10 minutes. Combine potatoes and carrot, cook until the vegetables are nearly cooked.
- Add onion, green pepper and curry powder, cook at medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring once.
- Give a quick re-stir to cornstarch mixture; add to the middle of all ingredients, stirring quickly to chicken.
- Turn off heat, remove this Chinese style curry chicken recipe and enjoy hot with white rice.