This Chinese tofu mushroom soup is a strong taste and thick texture Chinese food. It calls for simple ingredients and boiled in broth flavored with white pepper. It would make a wonderful side dish with fried noodles as well as the Chinese Seafood Vegetable Tofu Soup recipe.
- 3 oz. ground pork
- 1 oz. silken tofu
- 3 Chinese dried mushrooms
- 1 tsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3-4 cup broth
- 1/5 tsp salt
- Dash ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 1/5 tsp sesame oil, optional
- Rinse tofu, drain well and cut into 1/2 inch dices for Chinese soup recipe.
- Soften mushroom with hot water, remove, rinse and chop into tiny dices.
- Ground meat and mix with marinate ingredients, marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok or soup pot to hot at medium-high, add 1 tsp oil and stir in pork, cook until color changed.
- Pour the broth, burn heat to high. Combine mushroom and tofu; cook for 5 minutes after boiling.
- Drizzle down beaten egg into Chinese pork tofu mushroom soup, stir in salt, pepper powder and coriander.
Feel free to thicken the soup with cornstarch and water mixture.