Stir fried okra with pork, this is a favorite Chinese southern dish, the pork slices improves greatly the texture and taste of the whole dish and combines well with bell pepper.
- 7 oz. okra pods
- 2 1/1 oz. pork
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Fresh gingerroot strips
- Optional ingredients:
- 1 red Serrano pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolve with
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and ground pepper for taste
- 2 tbsp olive or canola oil for frying
- Cut meat across the grain into thin strips, mix with marinade ingredients and refrigerate for 30 minutes for stir fried okra recipe.
- Cut off the ends of okra, in a pot, add enough water, dash of slat and oil, bring it into a boil, add vegetables and blanch for 1 minute.
- Heat a wok or skillet to medium at medium low heat with oil, when oil is hot, add pork pieces and stir fry fast until color changed.
- Combine together blanched okra pieces and red pepper (if use), stir constantly for about 30 seconds until everything is well mixed.
- Mix in some chicken broth, bring it into a boil and thicken sauce with cornstarch and water mixture, if you want to have a gravy sauce.
- Season this stir fried okra with pork recipe with salt and fresh ground pepper, make a taste test and adjust the seasonings if desired.