Chinese pineapple shrimp stir fry, a sweet and sour taste Chinese food, low calories and fat. The deep fried seafood creates a crispy texture while the fruit brings lots moisture to the whole dish.
It would make a wonderful side dish to accompany with fried noodles as well as this Chinese Shrimp Noodle Lettuce Wraps recipe.
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp
- 1 big (24 oz.) pineapple
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1 tsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 5 drops sesame oil, optional
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, dissolve with
- 1 tbsp water or more
- Peanut oil for deep frying
- Dry cornstarch, as needed
- Peel shrimp and devein, rinse and drain for this easy Chinese stir fry recipe.
- Mix it with marinade ingredients, and marinate for 20 minutes before use.
- Cut pineapple 1/3 into two parts, spoon out the meat and divide 1/3 into two parts.
- Soak 2/3 pineapple meat in salty water for 10 minutes, beat the rest in an eclectic mixer well until juicy, remove and set aside.
- Remove green onion and ginger from shrimp, and then dip them in cornstarch mixture and dredge in the dry cornstarch completely.
- Preheat oil to 70 percent hot in a wok or saucepan, deep fry the prawns until they are golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Fry in bathes to avoid crowding the wok. Remove and drain excess oil.
- In another wok, pour the beaten pineapple juice, mix in sauce ingredients.
- Heat it to a boil. Add shrimp and the 2/3 fruit, stir around completely.
For more crispy texture, deep fry twice if desired. But take care of the heat, don’t burn it.