This Chinese pan fried lemon chicken recipe was cooked as an appetizer or side dish with salad. Serve it own or with sweet dipping sauce. For a more authentic Chinese food, try Chinese Spicy Pineapple Chicken recipe.
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 medium lemon
- Bread crumbs as needed
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lemon juice (squeezed out)
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Rinse lemon and squeeze out the liquid for this Chinese lemon chicken recipe.
- Light pat chicken, whisk with marinade ingredients and marinate for 20 minutes.
- After marinating, coat pieces with dry cornstarch until completely coated.
- Crack egg with in medium mixing bowl, whisk around with dash of salt, and dig meat pieces completely.
- Press in bread crumbs, turn around to make sure each side was coated through.
- Heat frying pan to medium high with 3 tbsp oil, pan fry the meat pieces until golden brown.
- Remove fried lemon chicken, sliced into bite-size before serving.