Chinese orange chicken stir fry recipe provides the abundant vitamin and rich your meal. It results the food a unique flavor, original sweet and sour fruit taste. So reduce the amount of salt and seasoning to remain the fresh flavor.
It is wonderful to serve with steamed rice. And you can make an appetizer before meal from Chinese Pan Fried Lemon Chicken recipe.
- 7oz. chicken thighs
- 3.5oz. fresh orange
- 1oz. peanuts
- 2/5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp salt
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 3ml vinegar
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- 2tbsp cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- Prepared the two main ingredients ready for this homemade orange chicken recipe.
- Remove the orange pulp, keep the skin intact, and then make out the orange cup.
- Chop a half of the meat into pieces, set aside in the plate.
- Then smash the remained orange meat into juice, add the sugar, vinegar and a half cornstarch together, stirring around with all ingredients.
- Rinse the chicken, get rid of the bones and chopped into pieces, then marinated with cooking wine, salt and the remaining cornstarch.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp cooking oil to medium high heat in a preheat frying pan over medium-low heat, and then stir in peanut constantly until done.
- In the same frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil to medium heat, and then add chicken pieces, stir briefly until the color changed. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, add garlic cloves and stirring until aromatic.
- Then pour the orange juice mixture into the wok, stirring and heat at low heat until thicken and sticky.
- Add the chicken back to the work, stir around for 10 seconds.
- Then combine the peanut and orange meat, stirring fast until thicken.
- Remove the orange chicken into the cup, serve hot with cooked rice.