Chinese Homemade Sesame Chicken Stir Fry is a very popular recipe in Chinese restaurants as well as Kung Pao Chicken, stir fried dish has less fat than deep fried and you may want to serve it with boiled broccoli or other vegetables.
- 1 lb. chicken wings/chicken breast
- 1 oz. roasted peanut
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 slices ginger
- 1 scallion
- 3 red chilies
- 1 green pepper
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp white sugar
- Slice garlic, ginger, scallion, chili and pepper diagonally into 1 inch long pieces for this Chinese style sesame chicken recipe.
- I used chicken wings in this dish, slice them into 1 inch bite-sizes, whisk with marinade and marinate it for 20 minutes.
- In a big saucepan, add enough water and boil chicken meat for 1 minute until color changed, remove and drained thoroughly.
- Heat a wok to medium-high heat with 2 tbsp oil, add meat and stir fry constantly for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Add all vegetables to wok, whisk around completely for a while, mix sauces ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour sauce mixture to wok, turn heat to medium, cover the lid and simmer until sauce is almost dry out.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and peanuts on the top, toss around to well combine.
- Remove sesame chicken recipe and serve it hot with cooked white rice.
If you don’t like spicy food, just omit the chilies and green pepper, you can find the result at the last photo.