Chinese ginger chicken stir fry is a strong Chinese featured chicken recipe, as well as the recipe Sha Cha chicken. The ginger in the dish brings the food an extra kick, and it works well with the rice vinegar, soy sauce that livens up the taste fantastic.
- 1 lb. chicken meat
- 2 oz. fresh gingerroot
- 3-5 red chilies
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Vegetable oil for stir frying
- 8 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tsp Asian sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- Rinse chicken, pat it dry and remove excess fat, cut it into small sizes, slice ginger diagonally into pieces and chop red chilies for this stir fry ginger chicken recipe.
- In a big saucepan, add enough water and bring it into a boil at high heat, add meat, blanch it for 1 minute, remove and drain thoroughly.
- Heat a wok or heavy-skillet to medium heat with 2 tsp oil, stir in ginger, garlic and red chilies, and stir fry constantly for about 1 minute until aromatic, removed.
- Reheat wok to medium-high with 1 1/2 tbsp oil, add chicken meat, stir around for 2-3 minutes, and combine together ginger mixture and all sauce ingredients.
- Simmer the food at medium heat for 1-2 minutes until it is thicken, sprinkle green onions on the top for garnishing.
- Transfer ginger chicken stir fry recipe and serve it hot with cooked rice.