Chinese fried liver with snow peas, a homemade Chinese food to serve with steamed rice or fried noodles. Feel free to use pork or chicken instead.
- 10 oz. snow peas
- 3 1/2 pig liver
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger (slices)
- Remove the top and stems of snow peas, rinse until clean, drain well and set aside for Chinese recipe.
- Rinse liver, drain well and cut into thin pieces, mix with cornstarch for 10 minutes before using.
- Add 1/2 oil into a preheat wok at medium heat, stir in ginger slices, cook for seconds until aromatic.
- Combine together the liver; continue stir fry constantly until color changed and no more blood, removed.
- Wipe out the wok, heat to hot at medium-high heat. Add oil, when oil is hot, stir in snow peas, and fry until tender (shrivel)
- Stir in salt and add fried liver back to snow peas, fry until cooked through, make a taste test before serving.
For fast cooking, blanch snow peas in boiling water until dark green before stir frying.