Chinese egg foo young cabbage soup recipe is made with an omelet, Napa cabbage in broth flavored with ginger, a warm side dish with steamed rice. If looking for a similar Chinese stir-fry dish, check How to Make Shrimp Egg Foo Young for an example.
- 2 big eggs
- 4 oz. Napa cabbage
- 1 tsp peanut/olive oil
- 2-3 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 tbsp green onions
- 1/5 tsp salt for taste
- White ground pepper, as needed
- Rinse cabbage, drain and split into chunks for this egg foo young soup recipe.
- Crack eggs in a bowl; beat completely with chopped green onions. Set aside.
- Add oil into a reheat wok, pour egg mixture and fry until done at low heat.
- Transfer into a soup pot. Pour chicken broth and bring it into a boil at high heat.
- Continue cook at medium heat for 10 minutes until soup color turns milk-white.
- Add cabbage into Chinese egg foo young soup, cook until tender, and season with salt.