Chinese dumplings is a traditional food, they include meat, fish and vegetables. They may be boiled, steamed or fried according to personal taste favor; in different region they are different, Szechuan Dumplings is a great example.And you may hear Wonton Soup; it is also a type of dumplings.
- 25-30 dumpling wrappers
- 1-2 lb. fish meat
- 7 oz. ground pork
- 1/2 lb. Chinese chives
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cooking wine/dry sherry
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse Chinese chives under running water clearly, drain thoroughly for this Chinese dumplings recipe.
- Measure out the fish meat we will need, rinse, pat dry with paper towel and remove the bone and skin.
- Chop the fish meat on the cutting board or ground it with pork together into tiny pieces. Chop chives as well.
- Mix fish, pork with sauce ingredients, stir on one direction until sticky. Add chives and ginger, mix smoothly.
- Spoon the filling into the middle of wrapper, wet one edge with water and then fold the edges tightly with hands.
- Repeat the process until you finish all Chinese dumplings. Boil them in water until floated up before serving.