This Chinese Deep Fried chicken wing is marinated with oyster sauce and deep fried until crispy outside and soft inner, great to serve as an appetizer or night snack.
If you are looking for a sweet taste Chinese food, check Chinese Deep-Fried Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe to learn more.
- 10 medium chicken wings
- 2-3 tbsp oyster sauce
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- Cornstarch, as needed
- Peanut oil as needed
- Soak chicken wings in clean water for about 1 hour to remove excess blood.
- Remove and drained thoroughly, slice diagonally 2-3 cuts on the meat.
- Mix meat together with oyster sauce and pepper powder for 10 minutes.
- In a big skillet or wok, heat enough oil to medium-high at medium heat.
- Add enough cornstarchs in a big container and coated chicken wings completely.
- Add meat in to oil, turning constantly to make sure every side is cooked.
- Cook them in batches for 3-5 minutes until golden brown, take care, and don’t burn.
- Remove chicken wings, drain excess oil on paper towel, and serve Chinese food hot.