This Chinese crock-pot congee recipe, prepared with abalones, chicken meat, combine with soy sauce and all simmer in crock pot until aromatic. It was served as breakfast or night in China as well as the Cantonese Pork Congee recipe.
- 5 oz. long grain rice
- 2 fresh abalones
- 1/3 tsp peanut oil
- 3-5 oz. chicken breast
- 1 tsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 slice ginger
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1/3 tsp sesame oil
- Cook rinse long-grain rice in a crock-pot until expanded, for Chinese congee recipe.
- Add together rinsed abalones and oil, continue cook for 10 minutes at low heat.
- Cut chicken into thin pieces, mix with marinate ingredients for 10 minutes in advance.
- Add meat into crock-pot and stir lightly around on direction until cooked through.
- Season the Chinese congee with soy sauce and sesame oil. Remove and serve hot.
You’d best use crock pot to cook this congee recipe, as it will result a very soft and fresh taste. Garnish with green onions, if desired.