Chinese crispy shrimp and snow peas is a simple homemade stir fry Chinese food, the seafood and vegetable create harmonious color combinations and satisfying contrast in tastes.
Try to add more firm veggies in the dish for extra flavor, you can click Chinese Shrimp Water Chestnut Stir Fry recipe link for an example.
- 1 lb big shrimp
- 10 oz. snow peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp green onions
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Peel shrimp and deveined, rinse under running water for this Chinese crispy shrimp recipe.
- Remove tops and bottoms of snow peas. Blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes until dark green.
- Add oil into a preheat skillet, stir in garlic until aromatic, add seafood and stir fry until color changed.
- Splash the food with Chinese rice wine and soy sauce, whisk around at medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Return snow peas back to skillet, whisk around for 1 more minutes. Stir in salt and green onions.
- Make a taste test for Chinese crispy shrimp and snow peas recipe before serving, enjoy hot with rice.