Chinese Chili Mango Chicken Stir Fry is a new and fresh style recipe of Chinese coking which combines fruit with meat and pepper to create a sweet flavor. You can vary different vegetables to match your family’s taste.
- 10 1/2 oz. chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 large mango
- 1/2 lime
- 1 star anise
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 15 toasted pecan halves
- 2 springs cilantro, chopped
- The main vegetables we will need to make this Chinese mango chicken recipe.
- Remove seeds of peppers and slice diagonally into 1 inch cubes, cut lime into pieces.
- Slice mango meat from core, and cut them in cross-wise patter into pieces.
- Remove the meat white a sharp knife and set aside.
- Cut chicken across the grain into 1-inch cubes, and marinate with marinade ingredient for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok to medium high heat 1/2 tbsp oil, stir fry peppers for 30 seconds and splashed with rice wine, removed.
- Reheat wok to medium high with 1 tbsp oil, stir in anise, ginger and garlic briefly until aromatic.
- Add chicken, stirring constantly until color changed and completely cooked.
- Combine together peppers, and mix in sauce ingredients, well tossed.
- Add lime pieces, whisk around and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Stir in mangos, toss around fast and add pecans and cilantros for garnish if desired.
- Remove mango chicken and serve it hot with cooked white rice.