Compared with P.F. Changs Chicken Lettuce Wrap, this recipe is much easier, doubtless, the taste is different, I never had pf changes chicken lettuce wrap, yet this homemade food is exactly great, especially the dipping sauces.
- 1 heads iceberg or other “head” lettuce
- 3 1/2 oz. chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 2 slices gingerroot
- 1/2 red chili, minced
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/5 tsp salt
- Wash the lettuce, dry and separate and cut the leaves into strips. It’s important to make sure the lettuce is dry).
- Place lettuce leaves strips in the middle of serving plate. Or you can just keep the lettuce leaves steady for the wraps.
- In a pot with boiling water, add ginger slices and Chinese cooking wine together, combine together chicken breast and cook until done and color changed to white.
- Remove with a colander and drained, let cool for 10 seconds, then placed on the top of lettuce leaves.
- In a dry medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the dipping sauces in the above orders giver, stirring until completely blended.
- Then pour the sauce mixture on the top of chicken and lettuce to cover or you can wrap the chicken strips the lettuce leaves.
If you are crazy about spicy food, feel free to add a few of chili oil in the mixture.