Chinese celery tofu soup recipe is made with celery leaves and deep-fried firm tofu dices. The leaves have a distinct and unique flavor, some people would discard them while cooking; actually it makes delicious taste with other ingredients and healthy. Or try another simple Homemade Spinach Tofu Soup if desire.
- 5 oz. celery leaves
- 7 oz. fired tofu
- 2 tbsp flour, sifted
- 3-5 tbsp water, as needed
- 3 cup water/vegetarian stock
- Dash of salt for taste
- Rinse celery leaves, drain thoroughly and cut into tiny pieces. Set aside.
- Cut fried tofu into dices as well to match vegetarian ingredients. Set aside.
- Mix flour with enough cold water, stirring around until form thin mushy.
- In a soup pot, add water or stock, and all ingredients and salt. Stir around.
- Bring into a boil at high heat. Pour flour mixture and heat it back to a boil.
- Make a taste for this Chinese celery tofu soup, adjust the seasonings if desired.