This Chinese carrot potato lamb chops recipe is a delicious and warm Chinese food for cold days, especially in winter, made with carrot and potato, great to serve with white rice or check How to Make Lamb Fried Rice, a harmonious texture and healthy recipe.
- 26 oz. lamb chops
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small potato
- 2 five-star aniseed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Chinese tsaoko
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp scallion
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 tbsp peanut oil for frying
- Measure out the lamb chops we will need to make this simple Chinese recipe.
- Peel potato and rinse carrot, drain thoroughly. Mix spices in a medium seasoning box.
- In a wok or pot, add enough water and bring into a boil, blanch meat, remove and drain.
- Heat a wok to medium at low heat, add sugar, stir until brown, and combine the meat.
- Stir in soy sauce, salt and rice wine/dry sherry, whisk until lamb chops are well combined.
- Add together scallion, ginger and seasoning box, pour water, bring into a boil at high heat.
- Cover the lid and simmer at medium heat until meat is cooked, test with chopsticks.
- Add together the carrot and potatoes, continue cook for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Season Chinese carrot potato lam chops recipe with salt and pepper, transfer and serve.