Chinese Beer Duck Stir Fry recipe, prepared with beer, ginger, garlic and red chilies pepper, sometimes soybean paste was added for an extra taste. It is very great food for white rice and noodles. For a roast duck recipe, Peking duck would be the best example.
- 1lb. duck meat
- 500ml beer
- 5 slices ginger
- 2 red peppers
- 2 star aniseed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar, optional
- 1 tbsp peanut oil for frying
- Clean duck competently, wipe dry, remove any excess fat and set aside.
- Measure out the beer for this duck recipe (recommended brand: Zujiang).
- Cut meat across the grain into bite-size and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes, remove and drained.
- Slice ginger into pieces, remove pepper seeds and slice diagonally into pieces.
- Heat a wok or skillet to medium heat with oil, stir in garlic, ginger and aniseed briefly until aromatic.
- Combine together duck, stir fry constantly for 2-3 minutes until oil comes out and the meat is shrivel.
- Pour beer into wok to just cover the meat, bring it into a boil at high heat and simmer at low heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in salt, soy sauce and sugar when the sauce is thicken, add red pepper, stir fry until cooked thoroughly.
- Sprinkle green onions on the top of beer duck, remove and serve it hot.