Chinese beef rice bowl recipe is made with beef sirloin, onion, carrot and broccoli, flavored with Chinese soy sauce. It is a strong taste version of Chinese Beef and Onion Stir Fry recipe. Click the link to learn more.
- 8 oz. beef meat
- 1-2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 slices ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 sweet onion
- 5 oz. carrot
- 5 oz. broccoli
- Firm fruits
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt and pepper powder for taste
- Thaw beef meat into room temperature, slice sweet onion and ginger diagonally into strips, and chop garlic. Mix sauce ingredients together.
- Clean vegetables, separate broccoli floret into pieces, cut into thin pieces. Blanch them in a saucepan with boiling water until tender.
- Heat a wok over medium high heat to medium with 2 tbsp oil, add sweet onion, and stir fry constantly until aromatic, combine ginger and garlic.
- Toss all ingredients completely; pour sauce mixture in to the middle of the wok in a steady stream, whisk around and bring to a boil.
- Pour beef broth into wok and continue cook at medium high heat, mix in beef pieces when the sauce is boiling, stirring to separate the pieces.
- Keep on stirring while the meat is braising, it takes about 5-8 minutes to dry the sauce, make a taste test and stir in salt and pepper for taste.
- After beef braised in soy sauce, the rice in the electric cooker was cooked already, transfer the recipe to the cooked whiter rice.
- Serve this Chinese beef rice bowl with blanched vegetables and fruits, enjoy hot.