Chinese Beef and Onion Stir Fry recipe always goes very well with onions and peppers in Chinese cooking, and the soy sauce can add extra taste at the end, your can find more from recipe, How to Make Beef Braised in Soy Sauce.
- 3/4 pound beef (flank or top sirloin steak),
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Pinch of black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 medium onions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 piece ginger, sliced
- 1 small green pepper
- 2 stalks green onions
- Vegetable Oil for stir-frying
- Cut beef across the grain into 1 inch long and 1/4 inch wide pieces, whisk with marinade ingredients and marinate the beef for about 20 minutes.
- While beef is marinating, slice onion into small pieces, chop ginger, garlic, green onions and pepper. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat a wok to medium high heat with 3 tbsp oil, allowing it to drizzle down the sides. Stir in ginger and garlic, stir-fry briefly and add onions.
- Stir-fry until onions are tender but not overcooked. Combine together the marinated beef in the middle of wok; let it brown for a few seconds.
- Add water at this point to make gravy. Add the sauce and cook until meat is cooked through. Stir in pepper and green onion.
- Stir briefly to blend all the ingredients. Remove stir fried beef and onion, serve the hot with cooked white rice.