Chinese beef mushroom and broccoli stir fry is a homemade Chinese food to serve with white rice, the same as the Authentic Chinese Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe.
They call for easy ingredients and could be prepared within 20 minutes, also a healthy take-out food for busy weekdays.
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 1 1/2 oz. mushroom
- 10 oz. broccoli
- Stir fry sauce:
- 3-4 tbsp soy sauce/Kikkoman
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch, mix in
- 1 tbsp water
- Vegetable/peanut oil for frying
- Rinse broccoli, cut the stalk diagonally into thin slices. Cut the flowerets into 3 or 4 pieces, and boil in hot water until dark green, remove and drain.
- Cut the steak across the grain into thin slices. Heat frying pan to high heat with olive oil, add beef, stir fry until color changed and nearly cooked.
- Remove meat pieces, reheat skillet over medium-high heat until it is almost smoking with 1 1/2 tbsp oil, add mushroom, and cook for 30 seconds.
- After the mushroom is shrivel, add steak back into skillet, stirring constantly for 1 minute, and then stir in soy sauce and sugar, whisk until well coated.
- Combine blanched broccoli, stir fry for a few seconds to mix everything together, pour cornstarch in the middles of skillet and stirring fast to thicken.
- Season the Chinese beef mushroom and broccoli stir fry recipe with salt and pepper, serve hot.