Chicken and vegetable congee, a warm and comfort dish for breakfast or late night snack, prepared with marinate chicken and lettuce, for a seafood taste, check Chinese Crock-pot Congee recipe.
- 7 oz. white rice
- 10 oz. chicken breast
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 1 tsp ginger strips
- 1 tbsp green onion
- Dash of salt for taste
- 2 tsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Rinse white rice and soak in water for about 1 hour for chicken and vegetable congee recipe.
- Slice boneless, skinless chicken breast into thin strips, marinate with marinade for 20 minutes.
- Pour rice into a pot, add enough water, and bring into a boil at high heat, turn heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until rice is lightly sticky, add ginger and chicken strip.
- Continue cook for 8-10 minutes until meat is cooked through, combine vegetables pieces.
- Stir chicken and vegetables congee around, garnish with green onion and season with salt.