Cantonese White Cut Chicken with Soy Sauce is a very popular Chinese dish, it is very easy and fast to make and remain the original fresh taste of chicken meat, it is worth of your trying.
- 1-2 lb. chicken
- 5 slices ginger
- 3 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp crashed garlic, optional
- Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry. Trim any extra fat.
- In a large saucepan, add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Add the ginger and Chinese cooking wine/white wine together.
- Bring the water into a boil at high heat and then turn heat to medium.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until chopstick pokes the thickest part and no more blood comes out.
- Remove chicken cool it enough to room temperature, slice it to bite-size pieces.
- In a small sauce bowl, whisk around all sauce ingredients, stirring.
- Serve white cut chicken with dipping sauce and cooked white rice.