Cantonese pork and mushroom stir fry with chu hou sauce recipe is a easy homemade Chinese food, serve as side dish with white rice.
Chu hou sauce is an important condiment in Cantonese cuisine, flavorful and sweet, uses in stir fry dishes.
- 3 oz. pork
- 2 oz. black fungus
- 1 oz. green pepper
- 1 tsp Chinese rice wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chu hou sauce
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp peanut oil for frying
- Soften black fungus (wood ear mushroom) with warm water, cut green pepper into 1/2 inch cubes for Cantonese stir fry recipe.
- In a wok or soup pot, bring enough water into a boil and blanch the vegetables briefly for 1-2 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Measure out the chu hou sauce we will need. Cut pork across the grain 1/2 inch cubes. Mix with marinade for 15 minutes.
- Add oil into the reheated skillet. Add pork and stir fry until color changed. Return vegetables back, stir in chu hou sauce.
- Whisk around pork and mushroom until cooked through, stir in salt, make a taste test, and adjust the seasoning before serving.