Cantonese pork congee is an easy version of Chinese rice porridge recipe. It is most often serve as breakfast or late-nigh snack or the one is ill.
It could be eaten plain or with additional ingredients, click Chinese Crock-Pot Congee and Century Egg Congee recipe links to learn more.
- 2 oz. long grain rice
- 2 oz. lean pork
- 1 oz. Chinese dried mushroom, soften
- 1 tsp ginger, sliced
- 1 tbsp green onion
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as needed
- Water, as needed
- Measure out the meat and other main ingredients we will need to make this Cantonese pork congee recipe.
- Soften dried mushrooms with hot water, squeeze out excess water and chopped with pork, slice ginger.
- In a soup pot, add rice, meat, mushroom and ginger, pour water. Cover and bring to a boil at high heat.
- Turn heat to medium and continue cook for 30-40 minutes or until the rice is thicken.
- Stir in green onions or coriander for garnishing, whisk around and turn off the heat.
- Season this Cantonese pork congee with salt, make a taste test before serving.