To make Cantonese lo mein, all you need egg noodles, vegetables and meats or seafood and a sauce, although the noodles can be any shape or size, yet the soft egg noodles make the best texture, see how to make shrimp lo mein for a seafood mein recipe.
- 1/2 lb. lo mein noodles
- 4 oz. pork
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Canola oil for fring
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/5 tsp salt
- Measure out the main ingredients for this Cantonese lo mein recipe, cut pork across the grain into thin strips, whisk around with sauce and marinate for 15 minutes. Rinse bok choy.
- In a saucepan with boiling water, add 1/2 tsp salt and drops of oil, boil vegetables for 30 seconds until dark green, remove and drained. Stir fry egg in a wok with 2 tsp canola oil until done. Reheat wok to medium heat with 1 tbsp oil, add pork, and stir fry until cooked through, mix in red chili past and sugar.
- Boil soft egg noodles in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until soft, remove, drained and whisk around with sesame oil.
- Serve this easy Cantonese lo mien recipe hot with pork mixture on the top.