This Cantonese chow fun is great for a vegetarian; it has a light but flavorful taste. It is also wonderful to have meat added, check the staple Cantonese Beef Chow Fun recipe that uses the wide and slippery “Ho Fun” noodles to learn how to make it.
- 7 oz. chow fun (mei fun noodles)
- 2 oz. mung bean sprouts
- 2 oz. carrot
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced
- 1/5 tsp salt, or as needed
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut oil for frying
- Scramble egg in a wok, separate into pieces for this Cantonese chow fun recipe.
- Soak mei fun noodles in warm water for 20 minutes until soft, remove, drained.
- Heat a wok to medium at medium high heat with oil, stir in garlic until fragrant.
- Add together carrot strips and bean sprouts, stir fry briefly until soft, removed.
- Reheat wok to medium at low heat, stir in green onions and chow fun noodles.
- Combine together carrot and bean sprouts, whisk with chopsticks completely.
- Add scramble egg back to wok with other ingredients, whisk until combined.
- Stir in salt and soy sauce, turn heat to low and continue stir to mix everything.
- Season Cantonese chow fun recipe with salt, well mix and make a taste test.