Beef chow fun, a popular recipe in Cantonese cuisine, is a fast take-out food in Chinese restaurants. Check this Beef Chow Fun, if you are fan of spicy Chinese food, or try Cantonese Chow Fun recipe for a savory dish that consist mung bean sprouts.
- 3 oz. chow fun (ho fun noodles)
- 2 oz. flank beef
- 3 oz. celery
- 1 oz. green pepper
- 1 oz. soften black fungus
- 1 scallion, white part only
- 5 slices ginger
- 2 tbsp soften wood ear, optional
- Peanut or canola oil for frying
- 1 tsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce/black bean sauce
- Slice meat into thin strips, marinate with marinade ingredient for 20 minutes for beef chow fun recipe.
- Prepare the noodles we will need, if don’t have fresh available, try to use packaged dried one.
- Rinse celery, pepper, scallion and slice diagonally into thin strip to math meat, split black fungus.
- Heat a wok to medium at medium heat with oil, add meat pieces and fry until color change, remove.
- Reheat wok to medium high with 1 tbsp oil, add scallion and fry for few seconds or until fragrant.
- Add together the celery, green peppers and flack fungus, stir fry until vegetable is crispy tender.
- Combine together ho fun noodles, whisk completely, stir in salt, soy sauce and oyster, well mix.
- Add beef strips back to wok with all ingredients, drizzle down dash of water if wok went dry.
- Taste test beef chow fun recipe, adjust the salt if desire, remove and serve hot with a light soup.